Education Outreach Project Lead; 2010
PEI Model Forest Network Partnership; Charlottetown, PEI
– Developed multimedia learning tools and online presence to foster forest education in the public sphere.
– Conducted interviews and edited archive video, merging authored clips with images and text in presentation format.
– Distributed presentations and partner videos to the public via embedding of YouTube video in the PEIMFNP website (www.peiforests.ca).
– Co-ordinated development efforts with the NGO Management Committee and Project Steering Committee, the PEI Department of Environment, Energy, and Forestry, and partners such as the Island Nature Trust.
– Presented multi-media learning tools to representatives of the Federal Government and the Canadian Model Forest Network towards the development of similar nation-wide, or other provincial projects.
Created with PowerPoint using my own voice, multimedia materials found online, and a script developed in co-operation with the PEI Department of Forestry.
Created with PowerPoint using footage from interviews I conducted, following an outline developed in co-operation with the PEI Department of Forestry.
Created with PowerPoint using supplied video footage of a conference presentation, and the base presentation used by the presenter at the event.
Project Technical Lead, Video Editor and Encoding Technician 2005 – 2006
Veterans Affairs Canada – ‘Heroes Remember’ Project; Charlottetown, PEI
– Contributed to the project receiving GTEC Gold Distinction Award Medal for Securing and Managing Information Assets.
– Guided the development of workflow design, data management, asset tracking, production reporting, and quality controls.
– Maintained video encoding and distribution network including system/network security, resource sharing, directory mapping and routing.
– Developed standards and procedures for encoding and streaming of video and audio using multiple codec’s for various file types at several bandwidths.
– Digitized analog video archives, and edited vignettes of veterans memories from conflict.